Skip to main content

Cashmerette Club - Ashwood Pants - 4202 & Stanton Hoodie 2208


Cashmerette Club Ashwood Pants &

 Stanton Hoodie

Stanton Hoodie and Ashwood Pants
Both these patterns are from the Cashmerette Club pattern range and are only available with the yearly membership. 

I made the Stanton jacket first and when the Ashwood pattern came out January 2023 I knew it would be the perfect option for track suit pants. 

ASHWOOD PANTS



We've taken the comfort of leggings and added a pinch of polish, and voila! The Ashwood Pants are elegant ponte pants with stylish princess seams and optional front slits, and of course, pockets. The Ashwood is fitted through the waist and hips and flares below the knees, with a yoga-style waistband for the ultimate in waist comfort. A super-speedy sew, you'll be ready to hit the town in your secret pajamas in no time.

Pattern Sizing:
0-32, Includes 35-62” hip 0-32, Includes 35-62” hip

Fabric Used:
Stretch Velour print Emperador 190gsm from Boo Designs.
Indigo stretch velvet from DK Fabrics 


I made these pants to go with my Stanton Hoodie, the fabric print is very bold and busy. I didn't want to have a tracksuit made from just the print fabric so I added the indigo velvet as an accent. 
For the Ashwood pants I removed the flared lower leg so they were straight. 
I chose to go up 2 sizes in the leg from the last pair I made as I wanted a loose fit. I kept the same size for the waist and hips.

Because I didn't have enough print velour to make the pants I bought some indigo velvet the closest match to the colour I used on the Stanway Hoodie. 
I added seams to the front and back legs so there was a contrast strip of indigo down the outside of each leg. 

I made the pocket in the indigo and the waistband in the print. 
I interfaced the centre front of the outside front waistband and added eyelets for my drawstring. 
On the hems I cut off 2" and added cuffs from the indigo instead of hemming the legs. 



STANTON HOODIE






Ready to be cozy and stylish? 
The Stanton Hoodie lets you create an athleisure piece that looks smart and feels great, because it's custom-fitted to your body, with cup sizes from C - H! If you have bigger boobs, hoodies often end up uncomfortably tight or sloppy and oversized, but Cashmerette patterns are designed for curves to give you an amazing fit at the bustline AND at the rest of your body.

The Stanton features a pullover and a zip-up version, and both have a curved yoke at the shoulder with the great fit of a set-in sleeve. The roomy pockets let you leave your purse at home and run free. Get playful with color-blocking or go monochrome for a chic look. From the yoga studio, to the coffee shop, you'll be looking sharp!






Expansion Pack
Get even more from your Stanton Hoodie pattern! This expansion pack provides a new neckband and instructions for making your hoodie with a half zip as well as the ability to turn your hoodie into a snuggly sweater dress. These elements can be combined to make 5 Stanton Hoodie variations.

The Stanton Hoodie Expansion comes in sizes 0-32 and cup sizes C-H and is available exclusively to Cashmerette Club members. To make the Stanton Hoodie Expansion, you’ll need the Stanton Hoodie base pattern. 

For my Stanton I used the full zip option from the Expansion with the collar from the original pattern.

Fabric
Stretch Velour print Emperador 190gsm from Boo Designs.
Indigo stretch velour contrast was up cycled from a pair of loose pants I bought second hand.

The expansion pack has a half zip front with collar and the Stanton Hoodie has a full zip front with hood. I combined the two to make a full zip front with collar which is not actually a design there are specific instructions for. 

The front zip was the most complicated and time consuming to do. I put it in but it stretched all outa whack so I carefully unpicked it. I used some non stretch iron on interfacing to stabilise the front opening then hand tacked the zip in place before sewing it. 

Welt pockets from the Kimball Bomber Jacket 



I wanted pockets with zips so I didn't do the kangaroo pocket that was in the design.
Instead I used the welt zipper pocket form the Kimball Bomber Jacket also by Cashmerette. 
I used the contrasting navy velour for the pocket binding. This was tricky as its velvet and stretchy. 

I picked this print because its fun and quirky and purple. I was going to make a cowl neck top originally but changed my mind to a semi casual activewear jacket as I decided I'd get more wear out of this instead. 



Popular posts from this blog

Cashmerette - Hampden Dress - 1111

Cashmerette - Hampden Dress Breeze into summer with the Hampden Dress! The Hampden is a woven dress designed specifically for curves with princess seams, an elasticated back waistband, and zero gaping thanks to a faux button placket. Its short sleeves, knee-length skirt, and roomy patch pockets make it a great addition to any spring and summer wardrobe. Hampden Dress But that's not all! Mix and match the Hampden with the Holyoke Maxi Dress & Skirt's sleeveless bodice, maxi-length skirt, and inseam pockets for even more sundress and skirt possibilities.  Holyoke pattern Combinations of Holyoke and Hampden Recommended Fabrics - Light- to mid-weight woven fabric such as cotton lawn, linen, or rayon. Use drapey fabrics for a flowy look or firmer fabrics for a more structured result.  I used Neon leopard printed rayon from Spotlight. It has a very slight stretch.  I had to place my pattern pieces carefully to print match the design across the front and around my dress. Sizing 0-

Bojagi CBD

  CBD BOJAGI Art Quilt Photo by David Leane, Photography by David In 2014 I attended the Geelong Textile Forum, studying the technique of making silk Bojagi garments with tutor Catherine O'Leary. Bojagi is a Korean wrapping cloth. While the technique fascinated me I had no use for a transparent silk organza garment so I sold mine to anther student attending the forum. I still wanted to use the skills I had learned but utilise them for something very different.  Bojagi jacket and hat Every 2 years the South Australian Quilters Guild holds an art quilt exhibition called "Dare to Differ". I have previously entered this exhibition twice and you can read about the creation of my "Cityscape" quilt on this blog. For the 2015 exhibition I chose to use the Bojagi seaming technique to create a map quilt showing a scale street map of   Adelaide,  the capitol city of my home state, South Australia. This is the inspiration for my quilt

Sewing Patterns app review

Sewing Patterns   cataloging app Review I lost the app I was using to comprehensively catalog my patterns a couple of months ago when an iOS update I did on my iPad was no longer supported by the app. This was because the developers had not bothered to update the app in years. No warning, just gone. I discovered this while shopping for fabric and trying to work out how much I needed for the pattern I planned to use.  So I took this as an opportunity to cull and resort my patterns which I have been collecting for over 20 years.  This alone took a longtime but was a very enjoyable experience to reacquaint myself with the patterns and sort them into defined sections in my pattern cabinet. Then I had to make a complete list ready to upload into a new app. Now I had to “audition” potential app’s for suitability. I did some research and consulted other social media forums for options. The previous app I used was called My Sewing Kit, it allowed me to catalog several different groups of sewin